Tuesday, September 25, 2012

fabindia

India-based store Fabindia is a huge family favorite and every time we visit India, they are the one store that I go to as soon as we reach and again, before we leave. We stock up on cotton tops, salwars, silk stoles and kurtas for the  3 boys. Fabindia's collection of items for the home always tempt me and they carry a collection of furniture, linens and accessories that to me is representative of Indian design. A lot of Indian design that I see today embraces minimalism but the gleaming dark woods, the crisp cottons, the hand-woven, rough texture of the khadi, the stiff silks and the flowing linen, the block prints, the kalamkari- they are the quintessential India that I carry in my head. Adore you, Fabindia and wish you would come to California so that I can buy that teak table and not worry about stuffing it into my suitcase! Of course, they do have an online store and ship internationally, so don't wait till you make that trip to India. I spotted these silk and cotton pattern-rich pillows and other items that are perfect for fall. 




Visit Fabindia here.

Image credits/copyright: Fabindia.

No comments:

Post a Comment