Monday, October 1, 2012

Heart Home Inspiration+A Postcard from My Life

Hello there! Can you believe it's the 1st of October already?! Here in the SF bay area, it is hot and dry and every conversation seems to start with talk of the Indian summer we are experiencing. The folks at Heart Home magazine across the pond are also talking about it and the pictures totally capture the dusty  and hazy outdoors. That grey/beige (greige?) +pale blue is such a versatile combination because with the slightest variation of tone, it changes from warmth to cold.


 October is always busy in our household with Navaratri just around the corner. I have promised myself that I am going to be ahead of schedule re my work and grad papers from today onwards (being the first of a new month, resolutions are in order) in addition to being super prepared re Navaratri preparations. All I need to do is somehow stay up for an hour and half longer every night.  How hard can it be, right? (The husband is rolling his eyes as I type this. I am embarrassed to admit it but I struggle to stay up beyond 9:30 PM every evening.)  I will keep you posted on how that goes. I want to share one more picture from Heart Home that is just perfectly in tune with my current design aesthetic: graphic black and whites to wake up a room. They have a whole feature on it, so do visit them here.


LOVE this room for all the different shapes and textures! The links to the stylists and photographer's websites are listed below: visit them for oodles of gorgeous images. 

Image credits/links/copyright: Heart home magazine (UK). 1 and 2. Styled by Pippa Jameson and photography by Joanna Henderson; 3 and 4. Styled by Elkie Brown and photography by Jon Day

No comments:

Post a Comment