Tuesday, October 30, 2012

John Robshaw Prints


I got my copy of  John Robshaw Prints: Textiles, Block printing, Global Inspiration, and Interiors in the mail yesterday and I think the title of the book covers pretty much all that I blog about, so, of course, I love the book! I have been crazy about every aspect of block printing for as long as I can remember whether it is the meticulous and painstaking art of block carving or the repetitive task of printing and this book is Robshaw's ode to this and other art forms. 
Traditional art form+Contemporary design=Sheer genius!
 The book makes for a great read as well as having the kind of pictures that makes you (me) want to sell everything and move lock, stock and barrel to Sanganer to live amongst the colors and creativity and the prints and patterns. Or be a nomad and go wherever inspiration beckons. Get your copy now. (You can get a signed copy here.)

Image credits/copyright: John Robshaw Prints: Textiles, Block printing, Global Inspiration, and Interiors.

No comments:

Post a Comment