Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Over a cup of tea: On Wednesdays

Wednesdays are the busiest days of my week. And because it is the middle of the week, things tend to unravel. I run out of lunch ideas for the kids' school lunches, I read (skim) research papers at the last minute while waiting on the soccer field, I try to plan a blog post in advance but the blog to me is such an impulsive and personal habit that that doesn't work out...you get the idea. Some people ask me what it is I am trying to prove by going to grad school now (some sound skeptical, many are just curious and a few, resentful). I am always surprised that they don't know. It's about making myself happy and has nothing to do with anything else. So even though my life, on most days, looks like a tornado hit it, I have never been happier. I don't know what it is going to lead to but I wouldn't trade it in for anything. I am such a cautious person and adventure is really not my cup of tea (totally didn't mean to bring tea into it!), so if I can step out of my comfort zone, I am sure you can too. Find what you want to do and go for it. And stay true to yourself.
I debated on whether I wanted to publish this post or if I should come up with a quick, albeit late, design-related post but it wouldn't be Once Upon A Tea Time if I didn't write whatever I felt passionate about. (I wrote something similar 6 months ago.) As I type this, it is still Wednesday afternoon and I am going to run down and grab some lunch, before I skim some more papers. See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment