Friday, October 26, 2012

West Elm Style


I am in love with the bench-at-the-dining-table setup! My sister has one in her home and I am always drawn to sit at it because it is so open and inviting and just begs for you to sit and linger over your cup of chai, maybe spread out your magazines to share. I think this particular table from West Elm is going to be on my wish list because of its organic look that would match the reclaimed redwood coffee table and the exposed brick wall in my home. Talking of West Elm, their new store has opened in Palo Alto. They were so kind to invite me to a blogger preview tour before the store opened but unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it because of a time conflict with one of my grad classes up in Berkeley. 
(Choosing diseases over design! Such is the life of a grad student.) 
I am going to visit the store soon though because their whole look is what my style is gravitating towards. An edgier global look. It is almost as if all the different combinations and permutations that I have experimented with over the years have found perfect expression in their style. What about you? How has your style changed over the years? Is it something that is constantly evolving or have you always loved one style over the other? Do share your thoughts. 
You can visit West Elm here.

Images credit/copyright: West Elm

No comments:

Post a Comment