Saturday, January 19, 2013

Blocks Prints: Queen and Swan


Hope you are enjoying your weekend! 8:30 in the morning and it looks like a shiny, sunny California day. I have some work to finish before I officially start my weekend but I thought I would quickly share with you another gorgeous block print resource: Queen and Swan. This time it is the beautiful blocks themselves. Between you and me, I think these are the real beauties, patiently carved into trees, flowers, fruits, animals and of course, my favorites, the paisleys. These patterns have been popular in Indian textile design for years. You may use the blocks for printing/stamping. I collect them as pieces of art and at some point, when I have enough of them,  I am toying with the idea of mounting all of them up on a wall. That would look so cool!



The blocks come in a variety of sizes and the prices vary depending on the size and the intricacy of the pattern. See the entire collection at the Queen and Swan here


Image credits/copyright: Queen and Swan



No comments:

Post a Comment