Friday, January 18, 2013

Roopantaran


It's a beautiful sunny day here and I am sending some block-printed flowers your way. I found Roopantaran, a block-printing artisan collective that brings to life the designs of  Mickey and Roopali Raina. Not only do they hand-make beautiful creations, they are a social enterprise that aims to provide self-sustaining livelihoods and education for the artisans and their families. I am passionate about the art of block-printing and I am going to revisit Jaipur one day. I have been to Rajasthan multiple times and my parents and I still talk about our trips there. It will be nice to go back and look at it from the perspective of block printing. Roopantaran brings to you beautiful quilts, scarves and pillows. I think block printing is most beautiful when the colors stand out against a white background: it allows me to appreciate the intricacy of the stamp and the vividness of the colors. 





They offer free worldwide shipping and competitive prices: this set of 5 cushions is $55 + free shipping! The quilts are reasonably priced too. They also offer kantha work. Visit Roopantaran here and here.

Image credits/copyright: Roopantaran

No comments:

Post a Comment